Tags: cheese, constant, cottage, drugs, ear, fatigue, glands, health, medications, neck, nose, rid, stuff, swollen, throat, tonsils

Cottage Cheese Like Stuff In Tonsils??

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Ear & Nose,Throat

4,165 words with 6 Comments; publish: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 06:43:00 GMT; (90066.41, « »)

Does anyone know what this is from and what I can do to get rid of it? I also have had swollen neck glands and constant fatigue for 3 months now.

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 6 Comments
    • I had that many years ago. The problem was infected tonsils. I was given an antibiotic and it cleared up the problem.
      #1; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:45:00 GMT
    • What your describing are Tonsil Stones (technical name: Tonsilloliths), It could be an infection, but it could also be Oral Candida...fatigue is a common symptom of Oral Candida as well as a white coating on your tongue, and if your tonsils are big enough, the tonsil crypts can fill with the yeast also. I have a few Questions: A) Do you eat a lot of dairy or crave dairy? B) When was the last time you were on antibiotics? C) Have you recently had a long virus? D) Do you suffer from allergies/ if so do they cause post nasal drip?

I ask because A) craving dairy products can be a symptom of Oral Candida (fatigue is a symptom also). Dairy products also cause people to produce a lot of mucus in their sinus area, which can cause post nasal drip, something that will fill the crypts with bacteria causing the stones.

B) Antibiotics can cause Oral Candida

C) Long viruses (such as Mono) can cause the tonsils to increase in size, allowing the tonsil cripts to fill with bacteria/food particals that cause the tonsilliothis, viruses can also cause fatigue.

D) post nasal drip means that you have constant mucus around your tonsil area that will fill the tonsil crypts with bacteria which turns into tonsil stones.

Several things cause the tonsil crypts to create the stones, finding the cause can, in some cases, prevent them. The quickest fix in the mean time is to rinse with mouthwash after every time you eat, and if you do eat a lot of dairy, I'd suggest cutting back and seeing if that helps. If you have any of the following questions that I asked, I can try my best to guide you to the right doctor/method in getting rid of the problem. Ane something to comfort you: In most cases the stones do not CAUSE bad breath, no one else can sense that they are there but you, however post nasil drip can cause it, as well as the Oral Candida.

#2; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:46:00 GMT
    • Ok, I had heard all of the things mentioned above regarding the "cottage cheese" stuff in my tonsils, but when I finally went to my doctor to talk about getting them out he informed me that (and this is really gross) my tonsils were swollen and enflamed which created folds and gaps in them which allowed bits and pieces of the food I ate to find their way into my tonsils. I know that is disgusting and it is what finally convinced me to have mine taken out. Plus my doctor looked at them for two seconds and said they needed out because they were so enlarged and enflamed, which was what was allowing the "cottage cheese" to form. So, I'm not positive thats true because I find the idea of an infection much more believable but I'm not quite ready to pass off my doctors remedy as false either.
      #3; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:47:00 GMT
    • I get this all the time, and it annoys me because I feel it when i swallow, feels like I have popcorn stuck in my throat. I actually take a flash light and a Qtip and take them out. I have nasal drip so every week this happends.

Its totally gross!:(

#4; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:48:00 GMT
    • I used to do the Q tip thing and then I got a waterpik oral irrigator and it works WAY better than the q tips, trust me!
      #5; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:49:00 GMT
    • Yep, I used to get the stones as well which made my breath smell really bad all the time. I got a waterpik from Walmart and it gets all the lits bits of food out of the crypts in my tonsils so it doesn't rot into gunk balls. It's worked well for me. I don't have to chew gum all day every day anymore. I'm pretty sure that I have post nasal drip though, which may or may not add to this problem. I don't want to have to use a waterpik for the rest of my life, so I'm trying to schedule an appointment with and Ear Nose and Throat Doctor (ENT) and see what he can do for me other than surgery. We'll see. Try the waterpik. I hope it helps you. It has different nozel pieces, just make sure you use the one with the lowest water pressure or you will really hurt your tonsils.
      #6; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:50:00 GMT