Tags: along, back, cheek, drugs, ear, gums, health, inside, jawline, lump, medications, molar, nose, pea, size, throat
Small, hard lump inside cheek along jawline
I have a small hard lump (about the size of a pea) in my cheek along my jawline. It is where my very back molar is...but it is not in my gums - it cannot be a tooth - it is actually in my cheeck. I can move it around. It is very small usually...can barley feel it until I get sick - like a cold. When I get a cold it swells up to about the size of a pea but doesnt really hurt. I cant see it from the inside or outside - i can only feel it when I press along the jawline with fingers. Ive been looking and looking online and I can't really find anything about this. It isnt up near my ears or where my ears meet my jaw like most swollen salviary glands. I have an apt on Thurs with an ear/nose/throat Dr. Just wanted to check here to see if anyone knew anything. Thanks in advance.
Leave a comment...
- 8 Comments
- Do you think it could be a cyst of some sort??
Amanda#1; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:20:00 GMT
- Hi, I have the exact same problem...the lump inside my cheek...i've had it for many, many years. nothing really happens..and usually is small...but whenever i get sick (have a cold) it swells up (sometimes) and sometimes it feels more tender/sore, especially if i press on it. but when i'm better and not sick, it becomes small again and painless. does anyone know what it can be and if you find out from your doctor, can you let me know?#2; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:21:00 GMT
- Hey. I just went to an ear/nose/throat Dr. today. He said due to the nature of it - only getting larger and a little tender when Im sick - able to move it around pretty freely - that is is probably just a lymph node. He said usually they are located further up and around the neck, but sometimes you can have superficial ones in other places (like the cheek). He said a few other people had come in with the same problem and he did a cat scan on them and it was always just a lymph node. He said its probably okay - just to keep an eye on it. If it starts to get bigger all of a sudden (besides when I'm sick) to call. But that if it was cancer or something more serious it would have probably grown larger in size (and not receded back down) and wouldn't be so easy to move. You can kinda move mine around inside the cheek. Hope this helps! Any more questions, let me know.#3; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:22:00 GMT
- Hi, thanks for posting what you found out! It does help...and more of a relief too! Recently my lump on my right cheek is feeling a little tender again, because of the canker sores I have...it always gets a little bigger/tender whenever I'm sick or have a virus in my body. mine does move around a little too, like when i place my fingers on the outside of my cheek, i can feel it and can kinda move it around in its place a bit. i've actually had mine since i was a kid, so i'm used to have it and not worrying about it. but because lately it was feeling tender again, i just thought maybe i should try and figure what it is. but yeah, it's never grown in size (except for when i'm sick, but only swells up a bit) all these years. anyway, thanks a lot! it's good to know that it's not cancer or something serious...!#4; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:23:00 GMT
- I had a lil bit of pain in my jawline yesterday and didn't think much of it. I had a minor migraine and sometimes my jawline bothers me, but not severely. Well today I woke up with a really sore 'right' jawline...yet my cheek was not swollen. While I was sitting at my desk I slowly touched the sore area and felt a lump (pea size lump). I was able to move it around...I never heard or felt anything regarding a lump in the jawline....so I automatically freak out and think it's cancer. I call my doctor right away and they are going to squeeze me in, in about 2 hours. I decided to do a ****** search and found this website...I'm relieved to find out I'm NOT the only one with this problem and it doesn't sound as bad as I originally thought....thank GOD for all of your info.
I will post my results on my return from my doctor's office!
Elianna#5; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:24:00 GMT
- I have the same thing and got it checked out, with me its an inlarged Lymph Node, and nothing to worry about, Lymph nodes are like a filter system for infections, if they are swolen and sore they are usually working fulltime on some minor infection anywhere in your system.
I have had mine for over 10 years, it has stayed the same size and is rarely painfull, if yours gets painfull or bigger definatly get it checked immediatly, but usually its nothing at all to worry about :)#6; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:25:00 GMT
- Did you ever go to the doctor? What did he say. I'm having the same problem, except I've notice my migraines come more frequently and tend to be on the right side around the back of my ear and neck. When my lump in my upper cheek hurts, it kind of follows my cheek line and into the soft spot behind my ear.#7; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:26:00 GMT
- Hi there. I too have had one of these lumps ever since I can remember and mine also moves and gets larger when I am sick. I never really thought about it because I've had it for so long and does recede to barely anything when I'm not sick. I thought I was the only one! I also thought it was due to my TMJ...but my dentist wasn't concerned about it and also said that it was a lymph node.#8; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:27:00 GMT